Chairman : John Bellamy
Secretary: Keth Mahoney
The Pound,Bromham, chippenham,Wiltshire SN15 2HF
- The Competetion will take place annually
- Competitors will be restricted to blacksmiths taking part in
competitions at shows who, having shown evidence of high standards
in exhibitons and competitions, are autorised by the committee to
North Somerset Devon County Royal Bath & West
Three Counties Royal Highland Royal Cornwall
Royal Welsh New Forest & Hampshire Edenbridge & Oxted
The Devon County The South of England
- Shows taking part in qualifying heats must select at least one Judge
from the current list of accredited Judges issued by the worshipful
company of blacksmiths.
That Judges will act as the final arbiter of the winners of the qualifing
heatsfor both awards.
It is recommended that, as far as practicable,show administrators
should invite Judge to take part in competition if he/she as Judged or
is committed to Judge at a competition for artistic blacksmiths at any
othershow(s) which participates in National BlacksmithCompetition in
the same year.
- The markingsystem and cards issued bythe NBCC in conjunction
with The worshipful Company of Blacksmiths must be used by all
Judges when assessing competition entries.
- Points determining The National Champion Blacksmith will be awarded
at each of The Authorised shows as follows:
Winner of the show competition............. 10 points
Runner up of the show competition........ 4 points
- Competitors may enter more than one piece at a show but all entries
must be Judged and marked individually.Marks for several entries
cannot be avereged or aggregated.
- The blacksmith resident in the UK gaining most points throughout the
year at the static competition will be declared
"Champion Blacksmith of the Year". There is no restriction on the
natioallity of competitiors for the live forging competition.
- Competitiors may enter pieces for more than one show and it is not
necessary for the same piece to be entered for each show, but entries
must not have won an NBCC award in previous year.
In the event of a tie,after all the qualifying shows have taked place,
the Blacksmith gaining the highest number of first prizes at the
approved Show will be declared the winner.
- The Blacksmith of the Year will be awarded a challenge trophy, which
he will hold for one year,“WCB will make equal payments to both Static and Live competition champions and equal payments and Live runner ups"
- The Champion Blacksmithof the Year will be officially presented at the
awards lunch of The Worshipful Company of Blacksmiths.The trophy
for the Blacksmith of the Year must be returned to the Clerk of The
Worshipful Company of Blacksmiths 1st of October of the year
following the one in which the award were made the same rule apply
to the hot forging competitions.
- Organisers of the authorised shows must return the official forms
provided by the NBCC giving the name and addresses of the winner
as soon as possible after the show to: The secretary of the NBCC
Wiltshire SN15 2HF
Photographs of the winning piece and the piece made by the
runner-up should be sent to the secretary of the NBCC with